We at Escondido First Church of the Nazarene believe in serving and giving of our time, talents and resources. Life isn’t just about us.
The Church is not a building – it is the body of believers worshipping Jesus and serving others. It is all about Loving God with all of our heart and then living that out by loving others. EFCN is more than just weekend church services. Our community is our mission field. Listed below are some of the ways we are reaching and touching the Escondido area with the Love of Jesus. For more information about any of these opportunities, or to get involved in one of them, contact the office at 760-745-7061 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Angel Tree Want to be like Jesus? Then give a gift of love! Prior to Christmas, Escondido partners with the Salvation Army Angel Tree to minister to the hearts and minds of at-risk children by purchasing and delivering gifts during the Christmas season. This ministry is sponsored by our Women’s ministries.
- Alternative Women’s Center is located in the Escondido area. We partner with them by supporting them financially and with our prayers. We believe in protecting and defending the unborn child. Yearly we run a drive to raise money to support this great local ministry.
- Homework Help is a ministry of the church that takes place during the school year on Wednesday afternoons. We partner with the local schools to help elementary children with their homework. Contact Debbie Crittenden for more information or to sign up and lend a hand.
- Homebound Ministries – Many cards, visits, calls, and love gifts are poured out upon our homebound. Find out how you can help reach out to those who need our love and attention.
- Inter Faith Ministry On any given day, hundreds of people go without. Many have mental health problems, over 20% are veterans and, yes, there are homeless children. While there are many places to serve the homeless, Escondido First Church of The Nazarene has chosen to partner with Interfaith to serve meals to those in need. It is a ministry that is enjoyed by adults, teens, and children. Yearly a food drive is run and bags of food are provided to the center.
Southside Church is a mission minded body of believers. Throughout the year we focus on specific areas of worldwide need in an effort to raise funds to support projects and supply items to people in areas where we minister in the name of Jesus Christ.
World Evangelism Fund – Every year we have a time when the chuch pledges to give to missions through our Faith Promise campaign.
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM) offers you an opportunity to sponsor a child in need. NCM strives to minister to the whole person in a needy world with the hope of Jesus. Long-term relief and development assistance is offered to combat the causes of poverty. For more information, contact Nazarene Compassionate Ministries at 1-866-247-9399 or www.ncm.org/cs.
Loving Interested Nazarenes Knowing Sharing (LINKS) provides a “link” between our church and a Nazarene family serving on the mission field. A different family is provided every two years for us to love through gifts and notes of encouragement and prayer. Our LINKS missionaries for the year 2016-2017 is Admirado and Celeste Chaguala. They are presently serving in Mozambique. For more information on how you can reach out with love and encouragement, contact the church office.
Mission Trips to Haiti
In the summer of 2015 14 went to Haiti on a Work and Witness Trip. Eye care was provided and organized by one of our own doctors. Another group worked on the training center for pastors. Another group is planning on going again in August of 2016.